It has been a long time coming, but the second installment of EEVR is finally just around the corner, taking place this saturday (7.02) at noon in Tartu. EEVR is a non-profit gathering of estonian virtual reality enthusiasts, researchers and developers.
Venue: Idea Lab of Tartu University, Narva mnt 4. Enterance through the main door, plenty of parking space.
Preliminary schedule (details below):
12:00 Experiments with the coffee machine
12:30 Talks by Madis Vasser, Filipp Keks & Peeter Nieler
14:00-17:00 Demo sessions with Oculus Rift & Google Cardboard
About the talks:
* Madis is a psychology student focusing on VR related research topics. His current work is related to attention (and lack of it) and making VR more accessible to researchers via an Unity toolbox under development (in collaboration with the IT department).
* Filipp is a professional game developer and VR enthusiast. He is an author of the legendary EvilMech Runner Oculus demo. Lately he has also been messing around with photometric 3D scanning.
* Peeter is an VR entrepreneur and all we are currently allowed to share about him is this:
About the demos:
* Take part in a psychological VR experiment
* Settle the score in an unreleased 1 vs 1 armed laser turret battle game
* Try the visually most stunning experiences available (i.e Senza Peso) on dedicated VR machines
* Bring Your Own Demo!
Recap of the last time: http://www.eevr.ee/?p=122
The event is generously sponsored by Psühhobuss and Criffin.
Contacts: Mario Saarik / Madis Vasser (firstname.lastname@example.org / 53950310)
FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/957375797620919/
See you on saturday!